Sunday, January 9, 2011

great week breeds doubt

this has been a very conflicting week.  it was a fantastic week in my classroom. it wasn't that the children were fab, cause they are only 2,  Actually i felt at peace again in my room w/ the kiddos.  I was okay w/ the stress of 2's.  I also had a very productive week in the classroom-finished re-arranging shelves, printed off toy labels. made progress.  i wonder if my "good" weeks are connected with a larger classroom project.
On the other hand, as i was changing my room, i was thinking about how in 5 months a new teacher will be in the room.  and how i want to set up systems (toy rotation & cleaning) for a new teacher to follow.  Similar to the pleasure i found in creating the Star of the month, knowing i would only have to manage this until June.  Knowing an end is in sight.
but then again, this week made me think about working 6:30-1:00pm... i have definitely accepted that i will not be working this 3 day current time schedule next year.  It is not working in our family's favor.  it was confirmed again this week...with the water pipe drama.  feeding the kids at 7:30pm & doing homework w/ breakfast doesn't work. so i got that...loud & clear!!!
so what will work best for my family & me next year...???

There appears to be 2 options.  not work (work only as a sub as needed) but for all intents not work...
or work a modified schedule...i do understand that i could convince myself that a modified schedule  and debbie could say no.

0 comments on "great week breeds doubt"