Monday, January 14, 2013

okay back to here

Okay back to the blog. like everything in the New Year, i return to the "things" or cogs in my life that keep the "Happy & functional wheels" running.  Why i stop writing....why i stop finding creative outlets.  Or is this just cyclic.  does it always happen like this...like a big sigh of relief from the crazy schedules of the holiday. Then i get bored with the down time, UP the ante a bit- reorganize something & decide THIS is the year of real CHANGE.  sigh

here we are in the start of another year, time just keeps flying by.  Although this might not have been a great year for working thru MOW: Purposeful (previously Nurture) 
It was one of the best year's we have had as a family.  my dad sold the family business & as a result- we were able to remodel our kitchen & GO TO DISNEY!!!  Which i never ever thought being a SAHM i would be able to say.  that we went to DISNEY!  oh how i miss it already.

anyways, MOW: i was chatting with Karen & Joy today about MOW.  I shared 2 great articles on one TIME & the other on the struggle of picking a word.

http://myoneword.org/picking-a-word/time/

http://myoneword.org/picking-a-word/mow-is-not-for-wimps/

my original thought was Kindness, as i seem to STILL struggle with the same battles.  Being KIND to myself (working out, eating healthy, NOT playing online) the Kids- patience, loving them, Troy, need to EXUDE kindness ....
yeah 

then i realized a couple days of ago, that Kindness is not the problem or solution.  My mental & heart are the issues- i really need to change those to see the difference.  
so with that, i need to shift in my head & heart & PREPARE.  If i prepare & push my mental BS out of the way, then I be kind to Troy.  I can shove my selfishness down, when i'm tired, i can make an extra effort to say a kind word or action.
I can be kinder to the kids. taking a breath to PREPARE myself for CHAOS & understanding that the chaos will end.  The mess will NOT be that hard to clean up.  The WORLD will not end if their is mess.  it will be okay.  
Prepare means knowing that I am a happier person when i work out.  Preparing my body & emotional state to be the caregiver means working out. 

0 comments on "okay back to here"